Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Day 2. Avenues of the Dead - RECKLESS: The Petrified Flesh


A is for Avenues of the Dead


One of my favorite things about the The Petrified Flesh is its morbidness. In my opinion, one of the most beautifully morbid things in the book is the Avenues of the Dead. When a Goyl who fought valiantly in battle dies, their head is cut off and sent to the Goyl fortress to be placed in the wall of the city. (Goyl don't decay like humans do. They remain stone.) The golden eyes are replaced with topaz, and though it must be slightly (extremely) terrifying to be a human and have dead Goyl watching your every step down their Avenue, for a Goyl it would probably be a desire to have their heads placed into the wall. If I went behind the mirror, this would definitely be one of the places I'd want to see! I don't think that I'd want to travel down it alone! Don't you guys wish we had a tradition like that? ;)


<3



No comments:

Post a Comment