Pages

Friday, February 17, 2017

Day 17. P is for Petrified Flesh and Page 81. RECKLESS: The Petrified Flesh



P is for Petrified Flesh and Page 81


Like all fairies, the Dark Fairy can not have children, so to give Kami'en "children", she placed a curse on all of his soldiers' claws that whenever they strike a human with them, the human will begin to grow a skin of stone like the Goyl. In TPF, Hentzau states that there are already thousands of them. You can find Man-Goyl in many different colors behind the Mirror, but until now, there has never been a Goyl or Man-Goyl with a Jade skin. The legend of the Jade Goyl is that he will make the king he serves invincible - even to death. So, it is very important for Hentzau to find the Jade Goyl for his king, but he doesn't realize that the Jade Goyl has a brother (Jacob) who is just as stubborn fighting his hardest to purge the Jade from his brother Will.

As a bonus guys, I want to talk about Page 81 in the original US version of the book. There was a certain paragraph (that I can quote from memory...) that made this book my all time favorite. I was going through a rough patch the first time I read this book, and I felt like no one in the entire world knew how I felt.... But then on Page 81 there was this quote - "...he had learned that the world made no sense and that there were no happy endings."

And that line alone is what made me so attached to this book and the Jasper Goyl who thought it.




No comments:

Post a Comment