Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Music Monday: "Hands Down" by Dashboard Confessional

Music Monday is a weekly feature where I highlight a song that has influenced me through writing, through life events, or just because it’s made my day a little better! This week, I’ll be highlighting…


Song title: “Hands Down”
Artist: Dashboard Confessional

Featured novel: Mutilate My Heart

The story behind this song: I was looking through my music one day for a song to add to my playlist for Mutilate My Heart when I came across the acoustic version of this song. I don’t know what it is about it, but I sat on my bed for hours with it on repeat. It just felt so perfect for my main character and the love interest’s relationship. Every time my music shuffles to it, I have to listen to it, and then I want to go write! It helped my push through two chapters that I was completely stuck on, and it influenced a lot of little things in the novel (like the love interest jumping over a locked fence to let the MC in). I love songs like this one that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy when I listen to it and makes me want to sit down and write until I run out of words to say! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment