Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Excerpt Time!


So, it's no secret that I absolutely LOVE Miles Garrett! Today you guys are getting an excerpt from CHASING FOREVER DOWN that's all Miles-ish! Enjoy ;)

The maroon can grows smaller and smaller as it flies through the air. I don’t see where it lands, but I’m sure Miles will kick it again if we stumble across it. A group of people move in our direction, coming from beyond the collapsed pier.

“Who the hell are they?” Miles asks, like I’m supposed to know.

I don’t answer him. He stands as solid as those jagged rocks in the water. We stay right here on the shoreline until they come within a few feet of us. I feel like I’m on the front line in an ancient war, like I can’t fire until I see the whites of their eyes.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Miles asks.

There are two girls and three guys, two of whom are carrying surfboards. Both of them are taller than Miles, who is probably five-foot-six flat-footed. Still, Miles doesn’t move.

“To surf,” one of the guys says. “The waves are better down there.”

“I know,” Miles answers. “But that’s Hooligan territory. From the pier to those rocks – those waves are spoken for.”

I glance behind us to take in a panorama of ‘Hooligan territory.’ The waves are definitely better there.

The other guy laughs and rams the tip of his surfboard into the sand, letting it stand next to him. “I don’t see your Hooligan name anywhere on it. It’s a free country, so I’ll surf in whatever water I want to surf in.”

Miles laughs and shakes his head. “You’re either deaf or just fucking stupid. The pier to those rocks – my water. The pier and beyond – your water. Now get the fuck out of here or I’m gonna fuck you up and drown you in my water!”

I take a few steps back because I know with everything in me that Miles will hit this guy. He’ll get into a knock-down brawl before he’ll let these guys surf in Hooligan territory.

The first guy who spoke hurls his surfboard onto the ground. Oh, how I wish it would’ve snapped in half. He bulks up, standing a good six feet, and looks down at Miles. Part of me wants to scream for the other Hooligans, just for back up, but the smarter part of me knows not to dare insult Miles’ pride that way.
I don’t have time to scream, though.


After seventeen-year-old Haley Sullivan meets a mysterious stranger who plays by his own rules, she's more than determined to learn every trick of the trade from the master himself. But her dream-chasing mentor disappears after that night, and according to the local newspapers, he's been dead for years. Knowing he's very much alive, Haley enlists best friend Linzi to join her on a scavenger-hunt-style road trip that ultimately lands them in the surf town of Crescent Cove, California. Mystery guy is no mystery here, though – he's Colby Taylor, the west coast's biggest professional surfer.



If Haley wants to talk to the wave rider again, she'll have to get past his four intimidating "bodyguards" who are highly skilled in the business of sending starstruck fangirls back to where they belong. Haley is up for the challenge if it means chasing her dreams and escaping the perfectly corporate future that's been planned for her. But dealing with these bodyguards isn't exactly what Haley imagined it'd be. Sure, being thrown off a jet ski sucks, but falling in love with one of them might just be worse.
Buy a copy of the book (links below), and keep up with my blog to find out all kinds of things you did and didn't know about Chasing Forever Down!!
 

Keep up with Nikki to find out about her 2014 book releases!

Nikki's Blog  Nikki's Twitter  Nikki's Facebook Author Page

1 comment:

  1. I love this scene! I'm glad you shared it bc I couldn't include all those f-bombs for tour! haha! Also, love that hashtag :p LOL

    ReplyDelete