Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Review for REAP by Christina Channelle

 
 BOOK INFO
 
Title: Reap
Author: Christina Channelle
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Publication Date: October 11, 2013
 
Christina Channelle is one of the few authors who I feel the need to buy every book she writes! Reap is a very quick, fun, suspenseful paranormal read. Reap was definitely a Five Star book to me! It’s absolutely perfect for today of all days to go buy a copy!
REVIEW
 
I loved the main character. Despite not knowing who she is and the fact that she’s mute, Mia is a lively character who quickly finds her way into the hearts of Dante and his sister Amy (and me!) She’s thrown into a world where all the females keep disappearing and being murdered. Amy insists that they must keep her with them in their home where it’s safe. Amy’s roommates agree except for one. Briggs.
Briggs is a very mysterious character. I didn’t know exactly how to feel about him during the first part of the story. I wanted to trust him, but there was something a little ominous about him and his dark looks behind his pair of sunglasses. I really liked his character in the end though when I understood his mysteriousness. And what can I say? I’ve always liked characters who have a dark edge to them.
Amy is one of those characters who you just want to hang out with for a day. She’s quirky, cute and seems like she’d be a lot of fun. I loved her boldness when it came to trying to persuade James to be with her. She brought a lot of light to a dark story.
 
I wanted to smother Dante in hugs. He was super sweet, caring, and swoon worthy. He was one of my favorite characters to discover this year!
 
Christina has such an amazing voice and so much talent when it comes to writing. She is one of my favorite authors and she’s always been so sweet on Twitter! So go buy this amazing book and make sure to give her a follow on Twitter! J

BUY LINKS
 
BLURB
 
Foreign, or rather unfamiliar, would be the word I would use to describe how I felt.

 
Faintly, I could hear the glimmer of voices surrounding me in this dark haze, caressing my ears like skin against silk. I felt like I was in a cocoon of sorts, protectively enveloped, quietly drifting in some far-off place. I wanted to stay that way forever.

 
But we all know that what you want never really seems to happen in the real world.

 
Something’s not right in Mia’s head.

 
The first thing is that her name isn’t Mia. In fact, she has no clue what her name is—who she is. All that she knows is that she’s not like the ones who found her: Dante with his kind blue eyes, Amy with her child-like demeanor, James with his questioning gaze.

 
And Briggs.

 
The one she cannot decipher no matter how hard she tries.

 
As Mia tries to fit in with these people, a strange occurrence is amidst outside. And as she finally remembers who she is …

 
Well, let’s just say that things get a little more complicated.
 
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
 
A dreamer, Christina Channelle holds two degrees in health sciences but has always had a passion for writing. You will find her reading other young adult novels, or typing up a new story on her computer. When not writing, Christina spends her free time at the movies, listening to music, or eating sushi. She’s a reality TV junkie and has a close relationship with many characters on TV that have been a topic of many heated discussions among friends. She resides in Ontario, Canada.
 
 
 
GIVEAWAY INFO
 
Print copy of ‘Reap’ with bookmark, 4 winners of bookmarks only.  US ONLY
 
 
a Rafflecopter giveaway

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having me, Emily! <3
    HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

    --CC

    ReplyDelete